Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'd Like to Get to Know You!

Almost six months and 151 posts ago, I started this blog. I can say it's been a great experience for me and something I look forward to writing each day. I consider Halcyon Days  to be a way to share what I'm thinking -- things I care about, discoveries I stumble upon.


Credit: Eddie's Rainbow of Thoughts


It isn't brilliant, it isn't glittering, it's not cutting edge. It's just one woman's view of the world around her and a way of expressing her creativity in a small way!

I want to thank each and every one of you who stop by and read my blog. Knowing that not each blog post will appeal to each and every reader, I hope to have enough diversity that sooner or later you'll read something that "clicks" with you. To those of you who read the blog each day, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Especially to those of you who take the time to leave a comment, and have signed up to follow this blog, a very big thank you!

I know from looking at the stats available to me an average 100 readers each day visit Halcyon Days. What amazes me is the number of countries represented: the U.S. of course; United Kingdom; Canada; and India provide the largest number of readers.  Readers from Russia, Finland, Germany, France, Turkey, UAE, Brazil and many more countries also visit.

I would love to hear from you! Part of the satisfaction of blogging is having an opportunity to "meet" people in far-flung corners of the world; to discuss; to share. Now I realize that not every reader is going to leave a comment, but it would really be special if ever so often we have a two-way conversation. If you are not comfortable leaving a comment, that's perfectly fine, but perhaps you would consider signing on as a follower -- just so I can have a vague idea of who you are ?

Please continue reading my blog, even if you never sign up to follow me or leave a comment. It's just that people who read blogs are such interesting people and I'd really like to get to know you.

Please enjoy this YouTube video of Spanky and Our Gang performing I'd Like to Get to Know You their 1968 hit.

Have a great Thursday!

13 comments:

  1. I probably know my sister as well, if not better, than anyone. However, I never cease to be amazed at all the subjects she can come up with to expound on! I am a daily follower, most days leave a comment and will continue to read your blog. I'm the luckest one of all, what I don't see here, I can talk to her about. She's the very best, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet! And you are positively my best friend. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Dear Sanda,

    I love your mind map...so true that a great part of blogging is meeting people from far off places. I love the blogs I follow, I look forward to visiting in cyber space and when I cannot visit I really do miss something. Lately I have been sooo busy, and so somedays I just make a point of taking a couple of hours off just to do the rounds. Keep up your blog, you have such a great variety of topics and thoughts. With love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, I am so very glad to finally know your name. I always enjoy your thought-provoking posts; they take me to a higher level. And I love your cats. I appreciate you reading and commenting on my blog. Like you, I love hearing from people from all over; so educational.

      Delete
  3. First I´d like to express my thank you to You Sanda.
    You and your blog is like a breath of fresh air in the blogosphere. You come up with so many interesting posts, I am definitely a hooked follower of your blog.

    For me, writing my blog, is almost like keeping a diary; writing things down, things delighting or bothering me at some certain time.
    I wrote " almost ", because this blogging is stepping out in the public. I have to keep that in my mind, and wouldn´t wish to deliberately hurt anyone´s feelings.
    If I have, please accept my sincere apologies.
    I am impressed about the huge amount of blogs, as well as the huge amounts of people reading these blogs.
    I can only agree with you Sanda, it would be really interesting to learn more about the blog followers and readers.
    But, I understand those, who wish to stay anonymous.
    The blogosphere has room for us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mette. I believe you and I view our blogs in a similar manner I always look forward to reading your blog each day and learn many things from you. For instance, just yesterday I rearranged my dish towel drawer, rolling the towels just as you showed in one of your pictures several days ago. I thought yours looked so nice and it makes much more sense to roll them; one can see all the towels at a glance and can decide which one to choose! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Sanda you are a brilliant blogger! You have written as many posts in 6 months as I have in more than a year. As Mette so eloquently says, you come up with such a variety of interesting topics, and you do it so often. Like you I have noticed my blog readers come from all around the world, but most never say Hi. It is intriguing to wonder who they are and why they read our blogs. That graphic is so fun! Keep up the great work. Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, thank you for that compliment. I'm afraid I do feel so committed to posting almost every day because it's something I enjoy so much. I am so glad I found your blog because yours is so very interesting and educational. And I have never known anyone else from Australia!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sanda - I get emails from my mother who has yet to figure out how to leave a comment on my blog, so I have to allow for the fact that what I consider so easy and commonplace is actually very complicated to get started with. I do love having new stuff to read everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be part of it! And people are busy and don't have time to comment. Love reading blogs and learning new stuff.

      Delete
  6. I have learnt so much about your part of the world from nature to posts that have intrigued my 'little grey cells'

    I do enjoy your stimulating posts that make for interesting conversations,which is so refreshing to find on a blog.Thank you.Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ida you are such an interesting person with so much to share. Do you think you'll ever start your own blog? You are kind! Thank you

      Delete
  7. At this time I don't think I wish to...but as 007 said 'never say never' Ida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...