Monday, July 9, 2012

I Love Clarins, But.....


I love Clarins products. If money were no object, I’d probably buy every single item in their skin care line. I have not done a scientific comparison of their products to other skin care lines, so I don’t know if all their products live up to the claims the company makes. I only know what works for me, what I like.

Clarins products just smell so nice! So many of their skin care products are based on essential oils, and that’s a plus for me. I have never been overly fond of Clarins’ foundation, however; other lines just happen to work better for me.

I am a skin care junkie, and while I haven’t tried everything out there, I've tried many. I look around to see what’s new, and lately, I've been experimenting with products that can replace Clarins and still give the same results.

For instance, I love Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. Used alone or under make-up, it smooths and evens out the skin and does a pretty good job of disguising large pores and small wrinkles.


But I have found something that works just as well. At less than half the price, I'll take the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, thank you:
Another great Clarins product I've used for several years is the Instant Lights Complexion Perfector. Used under foundation, it smooths and evens skin tone for a luminous glow and dewy finish.
But then I discovered L'Oreal Magic Lumi, which gives the same results at one-third the price.


But there a few Clarins products for which I haven't found a replacement.
UV Plus Day Screen (sunscreen) SPF 40. This is probably my favorite Clarins product. It goes on light, is non greasy and doesn't interfere with anything that goes over it. I use this year round. 


Blue Orchid Oil Face Treatment Oil. The labels tells me it's anti-aging care for dehydrated skin made of 100 percent plant extracts (rosewood, patchouli and blue orchid) to tone, revitalize and restore radiance to moisture-depleted skin. Hazelnut oil helps prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines. I use this 3-4 times each week instead of a night moisturizer. Love this oil!

So these are some of my skin care items. What are some of yours?

9 comments:

  1. Blue Orchid Oil Face Treatment Oil sounds like it would smell wonderful. I'll look for it try. And those L'Oreal products aren't familiar to me. I do like L'Oreal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beryl
      I think L'Oreal has some very good products. Clarins is great but I am trying to be more economical with my purchases.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post, it will be very helpful to me. I have been in the process of switching over to Clarins makeup, one item each week, because it is paraben free and I am trying to reduce my toxic load after recent breast cancer. I think I'll try the sunscreen - the only suitable one I have found to date it very thick and difficult to use. The perfecting base looks good, so I'll try that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia
      I didn't know it was paraben free. I hope all is well after breast cancer. I think you will like the sunscreen. I thought of you yesterday as I watched two cardinals in my backyard. I will get a good close-up picture one of these days I hope!

      Delete
  3. Dear Sanda,

    I have started re-using Clarins. I have been using Dr Perricone's and I suppose they are good but they smell medicinal. I use a couple of things from his line. I am now using the Clarins night cream and eye area cream and suncream. I love all three. I use a face oil from Occitane and for foundation (if I wear it) it is Guerlain. I love Guerlain and a little goes a long way. I am now going to try your recommended face oil.

    Thank you for this informative post.

    Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe women who use Clarins are in love with the line. I will have to check out the Guerlain foundation the next time I need to buy. I use Lancome Renergie, which I like a lot.
      You have a Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
  4. Another Clarins user would never be without my little red 'magic'pot of instant perfection must have been one of the first to purchase this gem.Their bath concentrate,face cleanser for dry/sensitive skin are worth every penny,also the handcream really works well on keeping my hands moisturised.
    I am thinking of trying their lipsticks.

    Their foundations do not work for me,my latest find is Giorgio Armani lasting silk,glides on and leaves the skin natural looking. La Roche-Posay tinted cream 50+ for my sun intolerant skin.

    Like Patricia I use Clarins because it is paraben/and other nasties free, as my fair complexion has started to have allergic reactions to these items found in most skin care products. Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ida, oh yes, I love the bath products too. And I also use the handcream from time to time, usually when it's a two for one offer. I've also used the lipstick. Thanks for your input!
      Have a great day; I hope it has stopped raining in your part of the world. We are now getting some MUCH NEEDED rain and the temperature has cooled down.
      Sanda

      Delete
  5. I have used Clarins and love it also for the wonderful smell. Went back to my old standby, Estee Lauder, when I was planning for retirement as it is somewhat less expensive.
    I will check out the L'Oreal products you mentioned - always glad to get this kind of tips. Of all the Clarin products I used, I liked the hand cream most of all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...