Monday, May 7, 2012

Positive Thinking


I was reading an article today about how negative thoughts can blossom into broader negative feelings about one’s self. The article was specifically about weight, but I was thinking the same principle applies to everything – just fill in the blank – be it unhappiness, health, age, beauty, success or whatever else brings us a degree of unhappiness or discontent. 


Engaging in talk about a “problem” tends to blossom into broader negative feelings about oneself and adds to feelings of helplessness.

So we are encouraged to fight back feelings of lack in our lives and focus on what we do have. We are told not to focus on not feeling well, although of course if we’re ill we should seek medical attention, but we all know people to enlarge every pain in their body into something major and they want to tell us all about it!


We are advised to think “wellness” thoughts, thin thoughts, young thoughts and happiness thoughts.

Now we’ve probably heard all these things before – the power of positive thinking – but it doesn’t hurt to be reminded once in a while.


We need to focus on our strengths, what we’re capable of, the beauty of live and living. We should really try not to be so critical of our self. Know that each of us is unique; that no one else is exactly like us. And associate with positive people! Negative people have a way of dragging us down.

This was my little mind joggle today.  I need them ever so often. How about you?

A few quotes from famous people to inspire us:

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. Norman Vincent Peale

Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. Oprah Winfrey

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.Willie Nelson

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence. Helen Keller

I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.Arthur Rubinstein


Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. Anthony J. D'Angelo


Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. Swedish Proverb


Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitable bring about right results.James Allen


Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life become more secure, more fraught with action, richer in experience and achievement.Edward Rickenbacker

 Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success. Dr. Joyce Brothers

I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.Denis Waitley

Your circumstances may be uncongenial, but they shall not remain so if you only perceive an ideal and strive to reach it. You cannot travel within and stand still without. James Allen

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright


There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. W. Clement Stone

Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left. Hubert Humphrey

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.Winston Churchill

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today. William Allen White

9 comments:

  1. Don't know who Anthony J. D'Angelo is, but his advice is nice. "Bring your own sunshine" is great. "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort," from Herm Albright is a sadly true. Unhappy peopled often don't appreciate someone who is positive. I always loved Dr. Joyce Brothers; is she still alive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beryl, I had to Google Dr. Joyce Brothers to find out. Yes, she's alive, 85 years old. I think I like the quote from Herm Albright best! I don't know who he is either!

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      aq .

      Delete
  2. Ok. I agree, thinking positively is positive.
    But - to reach that stage, the negative things have to be dealt with first. Well, at least I have to solve my problems before I am able to step out in the open and be positive.
    I am too transparent, if I am bothered, I am not able to keep a happy smile mask on.
    So, solve first, whatever is bothering you, and then dare to show your happiness. Be positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your approach is good. Solve the problem first if you can. Unfortunately, not all can be solved to our satisfaction.

      Delete
  3. It is hard to be positive at times especially when life deals us hard knocks...but most days I have a positive outlook. Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS difficult to be positve all the time. Something I work on.

      Delete
  4. I struggle to be positive all the time but the more positive I am , the easier it becomes. We all have our burdens to bear and the main thing is to remember that everyone has problems and to not feel sorry for ourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpfull..
    positive mindset

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...