Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moonglow

At dusk we were finishing up the dogs' last walk of the day when I noticed the beauty of the moon hanging in the eastern sky. Framed by the surrounding trees and against the darkening sky, the moon was like a beacon calling to me. I stood and drank in the beauty and thought what an interesting photo it would make. The first one, above, was shot with the regular iPhone camera. The following are with Instagram, each one on a separate setting. It produced some very nice finishing effects, so much that I thought I'd share them with you here. The moon is a few days shy of being full, and the somewhat hazy aura surrounding it is more prominent in some photos.

Sometimes when I gaze upon the moon I think about the few lucky humans who went there. I wonder, too, if we'll ever return. It seems a distant dream now, but to think we embarked upon that adventure more than 40 years ago and then abandoned it makes me sad. I know, it's all about priorities and what we can afford, but I hope we will someday return to that gorgous moon that shines on our planet so gloriously on clear nights.

Hoping your evening is full of the things that make you happiest!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images of the moon Sanda. I just got into my car at dusk and the moon looked wonderful....I even commented on it to my husband.
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment today.It was so kind of you.
    Have a lovely week. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great moon shots. I remember SO well the first trip to the moon - the t.v. coverage and watching those pictures.
    From your recent pictures, you may have another career ahead!
    Thanks for the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...