Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thoughts to Inspire

A few thoughts on the First Day of Spring:
Mock Orange


Life is what we are alive to
It is not length, but breadth.
To be alive only to appetite,
pleasure, pride, money-making,
and not to goodness, kindness,
purity, love, history, poetry,
music, flowers, stars, God
and eternal hope is to be all but dead.
   ---Martha D. Babcock


The poor man is not he
who is without a cent,
but he who is without a dream.
---Harry Kemp


So long as enthusiasm lasts,
so long is youth still with us.
---David Starr Jordan

Growing old is no more than
a bad habit, which a busy man
has no time to form.
---Andre Maurois

Reverance for life -- from ants to men.
---Unknown

New Dawn Rose


Lord, I do fear Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year.
God's World
--Edna St. Vincent Millay

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the size of that rose bush. How old is it?
    Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to buy some basil so I can try it. I don't think I can wait until mine grows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS about 16 years old. It's gone now. I posted about it tonight. Thanks for giving me the idea for today's post! :)

      Delete
  2. How many daisies can you count on your lawn?
    When you can count twelve daisies,
    Spring has come.

    Eleanor Farjeon. Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cute! I've never heard that one. Thanks for sharing it!

      Delete
  3. Love the thoughts. I feel so special to have been able to enjoy this beautiful rose bush for many years. I hope we have another one someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...